Northumbrians and Pipers promotes a range of Traditional Music initiatives in the North East of England, with an emphasis on the ancient county of Northumberland.
It was established in 2009 by Malcolm and Susan Craven.
These initiatives include:-
• ‘Friendly Neets’, in Alnmouth
• 1:1 music lessons
• Courses to promote the playing of Northumbrian Smallpipes, fiddle, other folk instruments and voice.
• Playing Northumbrian Pipes at all types of ceremony, or special occasion.
- 2014 Friendly Neets This years Friendly Neet rehearsals are well under way. Shows will run at Hindmarsh Hall, Alnmouth, every Sunday evening 8-10pm starting on 20th July ending on the 28th September.
- We will also be running new the Workshops at Druridge Bay Visitor Centre every Thursday 12.30 - 2.30pm from 17th July through to 4th September, with the chance to 'have a go' on Northumbrian Smallpipes.
- Prior to the summer we will be doing short concerts once a month at the Druridge Bay Visitor Centre at 12.30pm on Thursdays 17th April, 15th May and 19th June.
- Plans are well under way for our 7th Northumbria Pipe week to be held in Whitley Bay 12- 17th October. This is a pipe course for Northumbrian Pipers of all abilities.
- For more details about any of the above Contact Susan@NorthumbriansAndPipers.com
Click on links to visit the pages