Northumbrians and Pipers promotes a range of Traditional Music initiatives in the North East of England, with an emphasis on the ancient county of Northumberland.
It was established in 2009 by Malcolm and Susan Craven.
These initiatives include:-
• ‘Friendly Neets’, in Alnmouth
• 1:1 music lessons
• Courses to promote the playing of Northumbrian Smallpipes, fiddle, other folk instruments and voice.
• Playing Northumbrian Pipes at all types of ceremony, or special occasion.
- 2013 Friendly Neets once more proved to be popular with the visitors who found us in Alnmouth. Plans are being made for next year, again on Sunday evenings; provisionally starting on July 14th through till September 8th. We are currently working on new sets of music, and looking to incorporate some excitement from Northumberland’s rural past!
- This year’s season of Friendly Neets have now been copmpleted, however, should you like a reminder of the great evening you had, or to find out what you missed, or even want something different for a Christmas present our Alnmouth Friendly Neet CD is now available. Contact Susan@NorthumbriansAndPipers.com for more details.
- Susan also features playing Northumbrian Smallpipes on the Band of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers new CD. For more details Contact Susan@NorthumbriansAndPipers.com
- Next ‘Getting Started Course’ 23/24 November. Contact Susan@NorthumbriansAndPipers.com for more details.
- Looking for a Christmas gift with a difference? Know someone who has always wanted to ‘try the Northumbrian smallpipes’? How about a either a three hour taster session, or a two day course in playing the Northumbrian Smallpipes. (No pipes required). Go on – make someone’s day. Contact Susan@NorthumbriansAndPipers.com
Click on links to visit the pages